BREWSKI Venison Chili
Chili is to winter what peanut butter is to jelly; the perfect combo. We all crave comfort and warmth during winter and nothing satisfies that craving like a hearty bowl of chili. This one combines two things we love: venison and BREWSKI! Whether you bagged it this season or you bought it from the butcher, venison absolutely brings this chili to maximum levels of awesomeness.
1 Tbsp Vegetable oil, divided throughout recipe
1 lb. ground venison
1 lb. mild sausage
1 onion diced
1 jalapeño seeded and minced
4 garlic cloves minced
3 Tbsp chili powder
1/4 tsp cayenne pepper
2 tsp cumin
1 15oz can kidney beans drained
1 15oz can black beans drained
2 15oz cans diced tomatoes
1 tsp salt
1 can BREWSKI Classic Pilsner
1. In large skillet, heat 1 tsp oil over medium heat. Crumble the venison and sausage and cook in pan until browned. Remove from pan and place into slow cooker.
2. Add remaining oil (2 tsp) to skillet and cook onion, jalapeño, and garlic cloves for three minutes. Then add chili powder, cayenne pepper, and cumin;
cook for another three minutes to toast spices and add to slow cooker.
3.Combine the remaining ingredients in the slow cooker and set to low and cook for 8-10 hours. (If you don't have that much time, use high heat for 4-6 hours.)
Love this recipe but don't have the time to wait for it? We got you covered. Try our Instapot version for dinner in a hurry.
1. In the Instapot, on saute setting, heat one tsp oil. Add venison and sausage and cook until no longer pink in the middle. (You may choose to drain the meat, depending on how fatty your sausage is.)
2. In a separate skillet, add remaining oil, onion, jalapeño, and garlic cloves. Cook 3 minutes and add chili powder, cayenne pepper, and cumin. Cook for another 3 minutes to toast spices.
3. Add to Instapot along with rinsed kidney beans, rinsed black beans, diced tomatoes, salt, and a can of BREWSKI. In this variation, a can of tomato paste can be added to give more of a chili thickness. Stir to combine.
4. Place lid on instapot and select the chili setting.
5. Once finished, slow release the pressure.
Once you try the recipe, take a pic and tag us on social, #WhatsBrewingBREWSKI, or leave a comment below. We would love to hear from you ladies and gents!